Thursday, November 11, 2010

Online JCOM: Twitter Readings

After reading ...
www.hubspot.com/Default.aspxapp=LeadgenDownload&shortpath=docs/HowToUseTwitterForBusiness.pdf
I feel like I can take on the world of twitter! I have always heard that twitter can help companies and improve your job opportunities but as I used it (incorrectly) I was not seeing how that would be possible. After reading this PDF I have discovered the proper use of Twitter. The first mistake I made was not establishing my profile before I added people as friends. If I would have filled out the profile information then I would be added to the twitter location search and people who I follow would be able to see my interests and decide to add me or not.

I never knew I could send a direct message to people just by writing D KaylaEntLLC (the twitter handle, aka username). I never know it didn’t look good if you were following TONS of people and a lot of people aren’t following you.

The best way to increase your followers is to Tweet things people are interested in. “You are what you tweet.”

Use hashtags to help start and follow a particular topic.

I recommend everyone interested in Twitter read this. Thanks Shane!

Kayla

1 comment:

  1. That is really interesting Kayla, i've never really understood twitter... so I am definitely going to have to check out that PDF!

    Love you and hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete