Saturday, August 8, 2009

Some more fun pictures at the orphanage. Here is me with Eduis again, and stephany trying to be in the picture. She really is happy but I think she was concentrating on what I was trying to do, not on smiling for the picture.
Did I mention I have been teaching cooking classes? This is my attempt to teach apple crisp! Haha We decided to use the recipe off the internet that called for an egg, but they wanted to use 2 eggs. Also, they don’t have brown sugar here, only granulated sugar that is brown. It ended up turning out to be a delicious apple cake! Who knew we could create a new cake. Haha It actually tasted really good.

Because I taught them how to make a cake, in return, they taught me how to make a Peruvian cake. Here is Anna and Tia Flor playing around while cooking. The same night Flor wanted to die her hair, so while waiting for the die to settle in she was managing the kitchen. She wanted Anna to look like a real “chef” and while she was putting the hat on her I decided to take a quick picture.



Casa 5 teaching me how to wash my clothes. I promise this was a different week, and different day than the picture before with Casa 5 and I, and I don’t always wear the same thing. It just so happened that this day I was wearing the same outfit. There are only so many clothes to chose from. J




More cleaning! This was the first photo I took after Della left and I was the only one in the orphanage. I had to put the camera on a chair and on self timer. Even without someone there to take my picture cleaning it still turned out just fine!


2 comments:

  1. Kayla! I am so glad I found your blog! I've read all your posts! It looks like you're having an amazing time! The people are very lukcy be touched by your great example. Live it up girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Kayla! I miss the little ones so much. And by little ones of course I mean ALL of them (mumi flor and rosa included).

    Send my love!

    ReplyDelete