Saturday, July 25, 2009

PERU!!

I HAVE MY OWN BLOG!!! I have been meaning to set up my own Blog since I can’t really update my Miss Utah one ;) and because I have had so many wonderful experiences in the last month it pushed me over the edge and I decided I had to buckle down and set one up.

I know that I sent 3 emails out to family but I haven’t yet sent pictures. This will be the best way to inform everyone of what I am doing! I love you all!!
Machu Picchu!! Look how beautiful it is! We went up there at 5:30 in the morning and it was really foggy, but by the time we came back down, around 3 p.m. it was nice and clear.






Part of the Inti Raymi festival. The food above is what the store owner brought Alberto Puertas when our driver told her Alberto was his cousin. It is a plate of steamed corn, cheese, and a glass of coca tea. People in Cusco drink Coca Tea because it helps you with the high altitude. It is really yummy, and the cheese was exquisite.




To the left is Josephe and I helping a lady in Josephe's corn feild. And below is Ofiela, our tour guide, and I at the top of Wynu Picchu looking down on Machu Picchu.










For some reason I attached this picture twice and I don't know how to get it off. Sorry
Below is a picture of the hill in Cusco!
























The Humphrey's and I at the Inti Rayme parade






2 comments:

  1. Kayla!! So glad you set up a blog! I love looking at your pictures, it is so beautiful!!! I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayla, this is awesome! Your pictures are amazing!!
    I love hearing your stories. Post often!
    Love
    Ben

    ReplyDelete